Bring life to sauer movement!

Sai_Skii
Regular
Your Favourite Game Mode: Efficency

Bring life to sauer movement!

Postby Sai_Skii » 15.12.2014, 00:23

Hello Sauer world. I know some hate me, some like me, but lets put this aside for a moment. I do not play Sauer now, but I hope to one day come back. As I regularly check the sites of the sauerbraten world I realize that soon there will be no way to bring the liveness, activity, and sport back to the community. This being said I have a pretty good idea. Most pros claim a loyalty to one clan, but in order to bring back the Sauer community to how I remember I back in 2010-. you must do one simple thing. The rest of the community must work together, the pros/gods of Sauer HAVE to branch off from there clans ND start a new revolution of clans. Now when I say pros/gods I mean achillies, fear, potato, art, acuerta. People that score well above the avg pro. Now when this happen most people will be like omg a new clan with achillie, sweet!. A new clan with acuerta, sweet! Thus a new era of Sauer gaming. Plus the old clans are still there. Just a little thought. :)

Jumper
Regular
Your Favourite Game Mode: iCTF

Re: Bring life to sauer movement!

Postby Jumper » 15.12.2014, 02:33

Hi Sai. You're saying that "Sauerbraten is not active anymore"?

In my opinion you are wrong.

#1: Sauerworld - A new community. http://sauerworld.org
#2: Ogros - A history of sauerbraten and a loyal community & league. http://ogros.org
#3: Some of old sauerbraten legends came back to the sauerbraten from a break. Example 0815, ulului, Fraggsta.
#4: A lot of new clans were created in a last 2-4 months. Example .cS| *{CEA}* TxC|
#5: There is a nice and interesting tournaments. Example Dark Keepers Sauerbraten Championship.
#6: Sauerbraten activity grows up every month. A bunch of a new players are coming to sauerbraten and keep playing.

And there is still a lot of things which I didn't put in a list.

There is a lot of upcoming projects.

I think this is more than enough to keep sauerbraten - active and funny ;)

Best Regards,

Jumper Ju8.

:hearts
One in the field with a rifle is a WARRIOR!

Fatality
Amateur

Postby Fatality » 15.12.2014, 03:50

I love to use bold

Sai_Skii
Regular

Postby Sai_Skii » 15.12.2014, 06:34

You could only understand the activity I am talking about if you was around during the psl and swl days.

Jumper
Regular

Postby Jumper » 15.12.2014, 10:33

Sai. I'm playing longer than you could ever imagine. I'm playing for real since 2009. It was 2004/05 when I tried Cube 1 in a first time.

Regards,

Jumper Ju8.

:hearts

Agalloch
Insider

Postby Agalloch » 15.12.2014, 13:10

I actually understand what sai is trying to say.

Even Jumper is right. Even Sauercom has nothing to do with activity. Its just a web/forum. Place which join us all together. Info stuff. etc.

I also made the decision even i dont belong to some Xtra players, i always had some "leadeship art" to bring clan where i was in, to make them active, succefull, and known. Therefore and also because clan i was in had 23 members (or still has) and also because i though that its better to make another active succefull clan i left to start new journy.

It comes to me that ppl dont want to leave that maybe succefull clans, because they are grouped and already strong. If they would decide to leave, and make new clan, so they know its hard to manage clan from the begining. For me it was always a challenge. I hope we will be succefull enough to be a good partner in cws / tournys.

First of all, we should all forget the hate here. For me this is priority. Otherwise we gtfo to the /dev/null

greenadiss
Trusted User

Postby greenadiss » 15.12.2014, 16:31

I don't know how people can leave the clans they like just for some new activities, just to make a new clan. It doesn't seem right.
Having 150 players and 15 clans is kinda the same as having 150 players and 20 clans - still 150 players.

Many players stay in their clans not because they are stable and active, they are there because they do like their clans, people in it and they don't want to leave this atmosphere they used to be in.

I hate when people leave their clans because of its inactivity. Instead of helping, they just quit it to find another active clan to join it. It disgusts me when I see words like these in applications: "I left my clan because it was inactive and not competitive".

If you want to help sauer, you need to be nice and friendly to newbies, help them to find their place in this game, to adapt them a bit.
Not every newb is a cheater, also some newbs could become cheaters because they found bad and unfriendly attitude to them. They gave up.

swatllama
Amateur
Your Favourite Game Mode: iProtect

Postby swatllama » 16.12.2014, 05:28

Jumper, there are a lot of projects coming up, but the "pro" community is diminishing, as is our playerbase of casuals and regulars. Just because there are a lot of projects does not mean there are many players.

Yes, Sauerbraten was much more popular in the PSL days, and diminishing after. Maybe even near the end? Don't know.

I think what Sai meant, and didn't say, is that some of the casuals might find acceptance with a higher number of clans and a wider skill difference, and that the good players like Acuerta or Achille or whomever could train them.

Greenadiss is right though. The key to making sauer more popular is to take noobs in and train them, even if we find them insanely annoying at first. Another useful thing would be hosting a very good tournament. At the moment, the DKSC is doing an ok job (Thanks DK!) of hosting tournaments, but obviously, they lack the quality of PSL.

Jumper
Regular

Postby Jumper » 16.12.2014, 10:20

Hi swat. I wasn't talking about old days. I was talking about nowdays. Yeah, sauer was quite popular in Justice. But the point is that there is still a lot of players and the newbies which came here now, and keep playing will become skilled one day. About the tournaments. Except DKSC, there was a DoS this year. I'm also planning to launch a tournament in 2015. Old players who left sauer said: Well, maybe we will come back one day because we see a progress in sauer.

Terminator
Insider

Postby Terminator » 16.12.2014, 22:43

We just need to bring new players and keep "noobs" (also old players).
I know it isn't really easy to put up with newbies's behavour, but we should do it (for example, try not to troll them, we should not put them down all the time and just try to be friendly, I guess).
Also, tournaments help a lot to encourage "pros" (or just competitive players) so they still play sauer.
Although PSL times were better, we just need to focus on nowadays, we can't be all the time remembering old good times and also reminding how the community was taking off really fast.
Creating newwebsites and forums help a bit (but not too much, I mean, Sauerworld it's a really good project, all the community can talk there and suggest ideas, etc).
Talking about bringing new players, I think the best way to do so is to let us know in YouTube or whatever (MoG it's indeed, a great idea).
I have made out my mind to continue playing sauerbraten, I quite like how are we trying to improve the community and how all the players are trying to get on with everyone.
If we want, we can :)

Jumper
Regular

Postby Jumper » 17.12.2014, 10:39

Hi Terminator. These words are great. But it's not that easy as you imagine. It takes over 2 years to make from newb a skilled player (If he/she is active).

My opinion about "How should we make sauerbraten alive again."

First of all, we need to bring back a famous players for the community. Maybe It's not my business because I don't know old players, but I heard how others talk about them. And when you hear that, you imagine a godlike player who is nice to others. For example Ace. He is a respected and known player. He did a lot of youtube videos, and they are quite popular. So now imagine what newb who wants to become a pro will think about him after playing with him / watching his videos. It's a great motivation for a new players to become known and skilled in this game.

About clans.

I think all clans should look to DM. They're a good team which supports each other. I was reading their forum, and they took a lot of players who plays less than 1 year, so it means they aren't very skilled. And they trained them and all these guys fit in their team. So if a player plays 1 year or less than 1 year, it doesn't mean that he is a bad player. Maybe he is very talanted but he needs more time to learn. So In my opinion we should help that kind of players, to become skilled and known faster.

Hope you agree with me.

Sincerely yours,

Jumper.

|>BT<|Stef
Insider

Postby |>BT<|Stef » 17.12.2014, 17:21

What is the point of writing a bunch of paragraphs without action.. Trolls will be trolls. For example, some skilled members decided to make a fake clan to cw us, but they called us "pussies" for rejecting to play against a fake clan. God damn it, it is a freaking game, you guys take everything too seriously and want good reputation or want to be the best. If you want the community to be better,, only way is to stop all the harassment.. THERE ARE MANY GAMES BETTER ANDMORE FUN THAN CUBE2. Also, I as you see, you guys are talking nonsense about making this game popula wwithout showing action. AND FUCKING UP AND mocking people, like jumper, proves ow you fuck pplz up cause of bad reputation. Please just stop harrassing me and my clan only cause we are newbies. Nothing at all will grow if you don't give new players purpose to play. By fucking them up and kicking them right on site, you help them lose purpose to play. I myselc quit sauer because many people waas fucking me up and trolling, I quit for half a year. Now I have a purpose, all my clan mates make me feel welcomed, and give me purpose to play and I myself made them a reason to play by accepting players who only played like aa month. Who the hell would want to create a clan with a bunch of nnobs? Noone but me, cause you do.not care seriously about sauer, and like to try look down on newbie clans. I am hundred percent sure half our members or more would not be as active in saer without oG. Thanks... and this riticizzm doesnt refer to everyone

bandandit
Trusted User

Postby bandandit » 18.12.2014, 02:10

Hello all.

Sai_Skii: thanks for starting this topic and bringing some great thoughts! I too totally understand what you're trying to convey and it's really not a bad thought but probably not so likely to happen for many of the reasons that greenadiss mentioned. It doesn't seem that sauer is in a stong enough state for "Godlike" players to be going out on their own and recruiting people to train for their teams to play competitively. The player pool is a little too slim and without a regular tournament (like what PSL used to bring) I'm afraid most players (both gods and noobs alike) are happy with just being in clans that they can exist in happily, for whatever the reason. The best case scenario is have younger clans form and train and amongst themselves in the hope that they will be strong enough one day to have a fair match with any other active clan. Of course having a seasoned pro doesn't hurt to expedite this process, you just can't expect pros to want to leave their clans to form something from the ground up. We've already been there, done that.

Jumper: You are also correct. Sauer is not completely dead but needs a lot more help to get back to the state it was. Many of these new projects are really just keeping it alive but general players also need to be more involved in bringing new players here. That includes the same great ideas that Terminator had and taking into consideration what Stef mentioned about being nice to noobs and not pretending that anyone who's been around is ANY better than someone who just started playing. Regarding DM, were are not exactly the saints you make us seem. There was a time when we were just as ruthless about applicants and didn't want anyone to join who wouldn't be able to keep up. However those days are over and our clan really just idly exists, but we still wouldn't accept a total noob as it takes a lot of time and investment to train and keep them happy. If we were more active then yes, I think the time and effort could be worth it.

Soooo... what's the best solution? Play games with each other! If you just started playing then branch out and join some mixed games with the "pros." Ask for a duel, just don't be disappointed if you get turned down. Find a server that isn't just occupied by people who have the same playing level as you. Challenge yourself and learn how to become better, but don't cheat, troll or annoy as that will definitely get you nowhere. For the "pros" don't troll noobs and take a little time to teach them how to become better players. Either way if you want to see the game succeed be patient with one another. This game cannot exist without some kind of a harmonious existence between pros and noobs alike.

[end sermon here]

Sai_Skii
Regular

Postby Sai_Skii » 18.12.2014, 08:29

See this is what we need to help Sauer reach its full potential again.ik my idea had a good amount of holes in it, but the Sauer community needs more discussions like this. It will bring lots of great ideas that could be put to action and really help the community in the long run. Ik I was the type of person to act like I was some awesome Sauer player and could do stuff on my own, but this is a community effort, nd I would love for more people to keep posting great ideas. And yes stef there are more better and fun games, but alot of people have put time and effort into this game. ND no matter what anyone says there will be no other game quite like Sauer, i have made friends in Sauer and felt like they were my best friends. Never in any other game have there been that type of atmosphere for me, and that's why I wanna see It flourish again.