An Anthropological Perspective: D E M O P H O B I A

Tribu
Regular
Your Favourite Game Mode: Instagib

An Anthropological Perspective: D E M O P H O B I A

Postby Tribu » 28.02.2015, 10:36

Hello Everyone,

in mid 2014 I stopped playing sauerbraten for a while, and when I came back, everything was different. Why does nobody play on sauerleague.org anymore? It is very rare for me to find anyone on the PSL server. Can anyone give me a decent explanation as to why everyone plays on D E M O P H O B I A? I can stay on sauerleague alone for hours and nobody joins. Could it be that the lower class of sauerbraten players (by this I mean the noob class) just always chooses this server as their go-to server? I will fight to see the day when I would open sauerbraten and sauerleague was without a doubt at the top of the servers. I don't mean to hate on demophobia, but the PSL servers are just so well established and have been for a long time.

-Tribu

Jumper
Regular
Your Favourite Game Mode: iCTF

Re: An Anthropological Perspective: D E M O P H O B I A

Postby Jumper » 28.02.2015, 13:48

Hello Tribu. Yes, you're right, all noobs just select "D E M O P H O B I A" as their default server to play. PSL is being used for the mixed games. Just look up at PSL2-4. However, in a past 1-2 months PSL having low popularity. People are playing on their clan servers. I don't recommed you to fight, there is a new servers up coming. I hope I helped you.

- Jumper :hearts
One in the field with a rifle is a WARRIOR!

Tribu
Regular
Your Favourite Game Mode: Instagib

Postby Tribu » 01.03.2015, 01:06

That's true. Change is inevitable.

Agalloch
Insider
Your Favourite Game Mode: Efficency

Postby Agalloch » 09.03.2015, 13:45

You guys forgot to mention the biggest problem.

LAG LAG LAG

PSL1 was destroyed by unstoppable ddoss attacks, server problems and cheaters. Lags and spikes on servers are noticable daily on PSL servers.

:bkz
Your Favourite Game Mode: iCTF

Postby :bkz » 08.04.2015, 09:24

Agalloch wrote:You guys forgot to mention the biggest problem.

LAG LAG LAG

PSL1 was destroyed by unstoppable ddoss attacks, server problems and cheaters. Lags and spikes on servers are noticable daily on PSL servers.
Daily? No, kickass_actions happens almost at every 2nd round (if not at every-every). That makes psl almost unplayable.
In other hand, demophobia feels like little luggy to and... how the fuck 25 players can play ictf on small maps without insta-machinegun?
But there is no problem to find server with smaller amount of players and lags, so WB Tribu ;-).
Hello. I want to play a game...